Using a ATM Safely
Here are a few helpful tips:
- When using an ATM, be aware of your surroundings and others in line behind you. Position yourself in front of the ATM to prevent anyone from seeing your PIN. Keep a polite distance when waiting in line at an ATM and allow the person in front of you to complete his or her transaction before approaching the machine.
- Complete deposit forms and have your card ready before approaching the ATM.
- When your transaction is complete, put your card and cash into your pocket. You can count it later in the safety of your locked car or home.
- At night, park in a well-lighted area and have someone accompany you, if possible.
- At drive up ATMs, lock your doors, keep your other car windows up and keep your car running.
- If you notice anything suspicious, cancel your transaction, pocket your card and leave immediately. Go to a safe place, use another ATM or come back later. Call the police if you suspect dangerous or illegal activity.
- If you witness a crime, report it to the police and to the operator of the ATM.
Learn about our Visa Check Card »
BrightStar CU's commitment to information security »
What you should do to help protect your personal information online? Learn More »
Protect yourself from fraud and identity theft. Learn More »
Visit BrightStar CU's Online Financial Learning Center for more helpful resources »